|Certified Angus Beef|
What are the Certified Angus Beef ® brand specifications?
The process begins with only the highest quality, Angus-influenced cattle with predominantly (51%) solid black hair coat or AngusSource® genetic verification. Ten science-based quality specifications address beef flavor, tenderness and juiciness.
10 Quality Specifications
Marbling and maturity1. Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
2. Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
3. Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
The next three specifications ensure a uniform, consistent steak size:4. 10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
5. Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
6. Less than 1-inch fat thickness
And finally, four specifications further ensure the quality appearance and tenderness of the brand:
7. Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
8. Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
9. No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
10. No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)